Chronic Pain Patient Problems and Concerns ~ Help is Available

Are you having real problems with your Doctor-

perhaps not getting the help you need, issues over medications, office practices (including what is known as “patient abandonment”) or other serious concerns??

Have you had a nurse in the hospital not care for you properly?

Or had surgery that went seriously wrong?

When you live with Chronic Pain we are often not in good enough shape to care for or advocate for ourselves. And we know, although the practice of medicine is an art-form, there are also times, experiences and choices made that are seriously wrong.

What to do?  Who can help?

As American citizens and healthcare consumers, as well as if you are legally disabled, we have a number of federal and state agencies who will work on our behalf.

*If you are in too much pain to do so for yourself, ask a family member or friend to help. It is vitally important that we work to protect our health, our rights and too, take action so that others who are in a similar situation or who follow us are protected and don't have to experience the same type of upset and/or trauma we have.

Begin by visiting the U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources (HHS) general information site for a listing and links of all their various resources (including the Center for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC] and Health Resources and Services Administration) and then visit the HHS’ Claims and Appeals section to lodge complaints and seek help.

*Of note above is reference to the CDC who have been at the very center of the supposed "Opioid Crisis". If you are experiencing medical problems related to your medication please see the article about the CDC's role and how to contact them. Be sure to let them know your story! And too, the President and your Congressional Representatives are also looking to hear from you to help address the health issues and concerns related to Opioids.

Visit the federal government’s Medicare Claims and Appeals site (even if you are not covered under Medicare there are wonderful resources listed here for all). There is advise about how to file a grievance, even how to write one and too, a number to call to get help.

And finally, and as they are more local, probably your best resource to see results and get more immediate attention, contact your state Department of Health. There you will find department, phone numbers and forms to help you not only file a grievance but also get, hopefully, more personal and specific direction and help.

Author: ChronicPainDailyReflections

I manage a web-site, Chronic Pain Daily, created for and in support of those living in chronic pain. The site helps with the day-to-day spiritual, mental, emotional and physical needs of those with constant pain, whatever its source.